Thursday, January 02, 2014

THE CLICHE: THE 2013 RECAP



(And change is obviously the smarter choice)


Looking back at 2013, it was indeed a crazy ride. I was tested with a lot of emotions I never knew I was capable of feeling. My learning curve had never been so steep. I made mistakes, I recovered. I learnt that it is okay to be selfish and to put yourself first. I witnessed how loving myself changed my entire well-being and transformed me, how I began to feel beautiful on the inside, how I felt less drained by everything around me, how I finally felt liberated in my own skin. There's no need for any validation for I am my own affirmation.


I am most thankful for the wonderful people who were with me through the struggle. My family, my best friends, my close friends, my good friends, the random acquaintances I met and lastly, you guys. I would have never survived 2013 on my own. I've never acknowledged this but I knew I was this close to depression. I would never forget the people who picked up the pieces for me and nursed me back to health. Friends whom I'm unexpectedly most thankful for in 2013, would definitely be Amelia and Hanif. They were the last minute God-sent angels into my world. We were never close before, but we just did. It's magic.

This is why they say, everything happens for a reason.

Here's a virtual toast to 2014. It gets better each year.






6 comments :

  1. Hi Irina,

    I'm your junior from secondary school and in ngee ann. I just want to say i'm really glad that you are healed and better now. even though we were never on talking terms i'm just happy and relieved for you. you are so inspirational and i hope 2014 will be an amazing year for you. have a fantastic weekend ahead and remember that you are a beautiful and amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear! You're so sweet to drop by. "We were never on talking terms" Have we had the chance to? Otherwise, don't be shy to say hi to me if you were ever to see me around Yishun :-) Thank you for looking out for me. It's really lovely. Have a great 2014, sweets!!!!

      Delete
  2. Hello Irina! May I ask what's the name of the song used in the video? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi irina, I'm a silent insta and blog follower of yours and just wanna say I was really touched by your video! May you continue to grow stronger in your own identity and remember that you are very much loved and blessed :) all the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi silent reader! Thanks for finally voicing out I love it when y'all drop me a message and make your existent known. It comforts me that for sure I'm not talking to walls hahahaha. Thanks dear so much for your lovely message and I wish you a wonderful 2014 ahead!! <3

      Delete