Tuesday, December 18, 2012

SOLITUDE



I think it is okay to feel good being alone sometimes.
Afterall, we all need some 'me' time.




There are days where I just shut myself down from everyone else. I would like to be alone, in my room and go into a 'digital vegetation'. A term my boyfriend came up with when I just lay there using my phone without moving or doing anything else. He's just upset that I ignore him and my phone is much more important. He didn't understand then, because he didn't have an iPhone. 
Now that he does, he's far worse than me. 

When you retreat into your own cosy bubble, you don't have to care about the time, weather, the people, the conversations, how people would want you to look, how people would judge the way you dress etc. There is so much more to pleasing yourself than pleasing people around you.  

I like chilling at a cafe and reading alone. That's why I always envy the European's slow and peaceful lifestyle. Singapore is too fast-paced and I no longer can catch up. I like taking a long bus ride alone. I've always wanted to be adventurous. I want to hop onto random buses and travel without a care to the destinations and alight whenever I want and hop onto another bus, just to observe and see Singapore differently from how I would usually perceive it to be. I enjoy long walks as well, I don't mind walking home alone. I am a walker. The distance does not bother me. 
Solitary gives me time to think and set my mind free.


 


As much as I like being alone, whenever I see a mother with her child playing cheekily with one another on the bus, or a girl with her lover hugging closely at the sidewalk, or a friend laughing with their best friend gleefully near the bus stop, I would realize even though I enjoy being alone, 
I don’t fancy being lonely. 


"The sky is beautiful, but the people are sad. I just need someone who won’t run away." - Unknown






No comments :

Post a Comment